1. Owning a Business is the Fastest Path to Wealth: In his book” Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki talks about his two Dads-his biological father who was a school teacher, well respected, well known yet poor and his rich Dad(his friend’s Dad), who was a businessman and very rich-(Order Rich Dad, Poor Dad online here). According to Kiyosaki, his rich Dad was rich, very rich, not because he was the most intelligent man in town but because he was an investor! He owned businesses! He owned real estate! Starting your own business today is your surest path to peaceable and fulfilling wealth! Remember, profit is better than salary or wages(Kiyosaki).
2. Pension is Never Enough: Pension has never been and can never be enough! In their book “Why We Want You To Be Rich” (Get the book online here), Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki are clear that the pension system creates an entitlement mentality in people which makes us leave the responsibility for our well-being in the hands of another! We often times expect the government, our children or just someone else out there to take care of us at our old age or at retirement! The truth is that no one can love you more than you love yourself and no one can take care of you more than you can take care of yourself! You are your best lover, so show yourself some love by securing your financial future. Start and own your own business today! (The Pension Administration system is highly unreliable especially in Nigeria (we hear every day in the news the numbers of pensioners who collapse and die on the queue while waiting for their pensions that often never comes)
3. Saving depreciates Overtime: A time-proven wealth creation activity known to man and supported by several literature is Savings. Savings is very good when building your initial business capital (we do not advice borrowing when starting your new business because repayment of the loan puts both you and your business under pressure and can easily kill the business). However, the value of your money depreciates overtime when you hold all or most of your wealth in Savings. When you save money in a commercial bank, you earn interest. That interest is usually too low compared to the rate of inflation or recession depending on the prevailing economic climate at the time. Even if you are to save your money in government owned securities like Treasury Bills and Bonds, the interest still cannot be compared to if you invested that money to invest in a business!(The minimum profit you can make in most trading businesses is 10%-50% or more). The funny aspect of this is that if you save your money in the bank at say 8%p.a, you can borrow that money back at 26% p.a(in Nigeria) and the banks will be quick to give you what they call Cash Backed Credit Facility! Very funny!
4. You have a product that only you can Deliver: In his book “ Zero to One”, Peter Thiel states ” Of course, it’s easier to copy a model than to make something new. Doing something we already know how to do takes the world from 1 to n,…but every time we create something new, we go from 0 to 1. The act of creation is SINGULAR (emphasis mine), as is the moment of creation, and the result is something fresh and strange”. I believe there is something, some business, some concept that only you can do, the way ONLY YOU can do it! Even if someone else was to do that same thing or is already doing that same thing, it’s certainly not the way you can do it! This is your niche, your space! Why not exploit it for profit and fulfillment!
5. A Sense of Fulfillment: Your business will task your brain and your energy. This keeps you active and being active prolongs your life and keeps you strong and fresh. Besides, even if you lose your job(if you are in paid employment),owning your own business will give you a save transition and soft landing into a world where you call the shots! The uncertainties and trauma of not knowing what next to do, will be completely taken care of and most of all, you will still be able to maintain your lifestyle through profits from your business. Owning your own business gives you that confidence and a sense of personal fulfillment to keep going regardless; it gives you opportunity of a lifetime to birth an original idea and see it grow to benefit humanity.
Start a Business Today!
Thinking of starting a Business but don’t know where to start from? We can help! Email us today at: email@example.com. Also visit our Facebook page Steeple Global Services or our Twitter handle @steepleglobal and let’s discuss ideas and help you begin your journey towards financial freedom!
Steeple Global Services is a business consulting firm based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, South-South Nigeria. We help to bring your business idea into reality, set up new businesses and also help to turn around ailing or struggling businesses into profit making ventures. In short, we help businesses to grow!